Can you believe December is upon us! What an exciting and fast paced time of year. These 5 handy tips from our Operations Manager are inspired by the high demand for waste removal throughout this period.
Whether it’s the rush to get things completed on a construction site, you’re moving home (we don’t envy you) or squeezing in that sneaky landscaping job before the relatives arrive, we want to ensure that when it comes to your waste removal solution – everything runs as smoothly as possible for you!
Tip 1. Choose The Right Skip for Your Waste
It can be tempting to throw anything and everything into a skip to make sure you get a top value skip bin that suits your exact needs. Whether its general waste, green waste, demolition waste or something different we have a solution tailored to suit you. You can review our bin types at a glance here.
Tip 2. Plan Ahead & Book Your Dates Now
A friendly reminder that the Jumbo team are taking a well-earned break this year. We are operating with skeleton staff from Dec 24th through until Monday 9th January.
Whilst it’s alway essential to book ahead we will have very limited ability to attend to ad hoc bookings so be sure to call now if you require a bin throughout this period.
Tip 3. Book For the Length of Time You Need
Bins come with 7 days of hire included but can be collected early as arranged between parties. We are always as flexible as possible for customers but given the high volume at this time of year flexibility can be limited.
If you are hosting a party or event, be sure to pre-book the collection at the required time to avoid any disappointment.
Tip 4. Review Disallowed Items in The Skip Bin.
At a busy time of year, we all want to get things done quickly. Be aware that disallowed items never sneak under the radar. Take a second to review our disallowed items list here and save yourself mistakes at crunch time. Specifically over the Christmas period be aware no food waste/residue is allowed!
If disallowed items are put into the skip, you are placing our team in danger, and you will also be charged fees to cover the costs we incur as a result.
Unfortunately, we have to say this, but hiding disallowed waste under other items does not work. If we do collect the skip in this instance, you will be charged heavily and as mentioned above you may be putting our staff in danger. Don’t do it.
Tip 5. Pack Your Bin For Maximum Value
- Get all flat objects such as roof sheeting, doors, timber etc and lay them flat on the bottom of the skip.
- Pack solid items like lounges next. You can easily pile other items on a lounge. It’s hard to pile a lounge on other items. Lots of ‘dead space’ will be below the lounge if you do this.
- Pack square items like whitegoods (fridges, washing machines and ovens), TVs, bedside tables etc up against each other to reduce the gap between items.
- Any objects with openings like crates or cabinets should be packed open with the opening facing upwards so smaller items can fall into the gaps.
- Small items should be used to fill in any gaps in large items. Chairs and shelves are full of empty spaces. Place them on their sides with any openings facing upwards so small items fall into the empty spaces they create.
- Empty all small items from boxes. Simply tip them out so they fall between the cracks and fill up any empty spaces. Set aside the empty cardboard boxes until last.
- Gather all your empty cardboard boxes and pull them apart to lay them flat. You can stomp on them but pulling them apart ensures they lay flat. Then lay them across the top of the bin.
Benefits of Booking with Jumbo
- We service the Moreton Bay Region, Brisbane, Ipswich, The Sunshine Coast & The Gold Coast.
- We boast hassle-free skip hire services six days a week.
- Our fees are all inclusive (delivery, pick up and waste disposal).
Ready to book? Give us a call us on 1800 458 626 or head to our website here to fill out the form for a fast free quote.
For more from the Jumbo Blog click here.